Mechanic will conduct all maintenance and repairs of equipment and vehicles as required to successfully maintain fleet and maximize safety and production. This includes repairs and maintenance on/off road trucks, trailers, excavators, paving equipment, and small engines. Reports to Shop Foreman.
• Perform repairs and maintenance on heavy duty equipment
• Conduct repairs and maintenance to fleet and equipment
• Maintains accurate and complete maintenance paperwork on all vehicles.
• Maintains inventory of the shop.
• Orders parts and materials needed to repair equipment.
• Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
The selected candidate will be required to work within a leadership role with other co-workers and managers in a team environment on our asphalt grading crew. Finish grade experience is preferred. Employee must safely operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and paving. Follow directions from supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific job site/project. Perform minor servicing/maintenance of equipment. Perform general physical labor and assist in training less-experienced employees.
Must be able to operate the following:
• Very experienced skid load operator
• Dozer experience is a plus
• Blade operator for fine grading with accuracy
• Other heavy equipment as needed
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Strong understanding of heavy equipment and maintenance
• Have the ability to read, understand, and stake and construction plans
• Great communication skills
• Leadership abilities
• Maintain accurate timecards and paperwork
• Must be dependable
• Be willing to work nights and weekends
• Able to work overtime
• Be willing to work in extreme temps (hot and cold)
• Maintain a strict attitude towards safety and company policy
We are looking for career-minded individuals. Position will require physical involvement in pavement maintenance. Experience in the application of crack filling, routing cracks, seal coating, patching, paving, shoveling, brooming, blowing, and raking related to pavement maintenance is preferred but not required.
* Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, and dusty environments
* Be willing to work long hours and weekends when necessary
* Be able to work overtime when required
* Must have strong work ethic
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, contractors and the general public in a courteous, professional manner at all times
* Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
* Must be 18 years of age to apply
A VALID SD DRIVER’S LICENSE IS MANDATORY
* General Labor: Not Required
* Asphalt Maintenance: Not Required
* Must have reliable transportation to and from work